New Delhi: India on late Saturday night issued a travel advisory urging its nationals to avoid all non-essential travel to Venezuela, even as New Delhi till now refrained from making any political comment on the dramatic US military operation that led to the capture of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.In a brief advisory released by the Ministry of External Affairs, the government said that in view of recent developments in Venezuela, Indian nationals were strongly advised against travelling to the country unless absolutely necessary. Indians currently in Venezuela were asked to exercise extreme caution, restrict their movements and remain in regular contact with the Indian embassy in Caracas.The advisory provided emergency contact details for the embassy, including an email address and a phone number that can also be used for WhatsApp calls.This advisory is the only official statement issued by India so far following the fast moving developments in Venezuela, where the United States launched military strikes and announced the capture of Maduro.According to official MEA data on bilateral relations, there are only about fifty Indian nationals currently residing in Venezuela, primarily professionals and businesspersons. There has been no indication so far of any Indian citizens being affected by the violence.India’s relative silence stands in contrast to the strong positions taken by other countries.Also read: World Takes Sides After US Strikes Venezuela and Captures MaduroSeveral Latin American governments, along with Russia, China and Iran, condemned the US operation as illegal aggression and a violation of Venezuelan sovereignty, warning of dangerous precedents for international order. In contrast, US aligned leaders in the region, notably in Argentina, El Salvador and Ecuador, openly welcomed the move, framing it as a blow against authoritarian rule in Caracas.European powers struck a more cautious note. The European Union, Britain and Spain called for restraint and respect for international law without directly condemning Washington. France went further, criticising both Nicolás Maduro’s democratic legitimacy and the US military action, warning that imposing political outcomes by force would carry heavy consequences for global security.South Africa, positioning itself as a Global South voice, accused the US of a manifest violation of the UN Charter and urged an urgent meeting of the UN Security Council.Also read: The US Empire’s Venezuela Decapitation Strike: The Trump Corollary in ActionSpeaking at a press conference in Washington, US President Donald Trump said the United States was “going to run the country until such time that we can do a safe, proper and judicious transition”, without providing further details.According to the Associated Press, Trump also invoked the 1823 Monroe Doctrine, formulated under President James Monroe, and said he had appended his own name to it, calling it the “Don-Roe Doctrine”. “American dominance in the Western Hemisphere will never be questioned again,” he said.Trump added that American oil companies would soon enter Venezuela and warned that a second strike was possible if required. “We’re going to have our very large United States oil companies go in, spend billions of dollars, fix the badly broken infrastructure and start making money for the country. And we are ready to stage a second and much larger attack if we need to do so”.