New Delhi: After multiple women accused Suhel Seth of sexual harassment during the #MeToo movement, Tata Sons has decided to end the brand consultant’s contract, with one month’s notice. The company had earlier said it was looking into the allegations made against Seth.
“Counselage’s contract with Tata Sons will end on November 30, 2018,” said a Tata Sons spokesperson. Counselage is the name of Seth’s company.
Seth worked with the Tata Sons’ public relations team, and is said to have played an important role rebuilding the company’s image after Cyrus Mistry was removed as chairman last year.
Tata Sons is not the first group to end their links with Seth after the allegations became public. Global mentorship platform World Woman Foundation has cancelled its ties with Seth, and Coca Cola and the Mahindra Group have terminated their relations with him.
On October 10, filmmaker and photographer Natashja Rathore alleged on Twitter that marketing and management guru Suhel Seth had groped her. Rathore said Seth had misled her, telling her they would get some ice cream at Janpath in Delhi, but instead took her to his house in Gurgaon. She alleged that he then forced himself upon and groped her without consent and in spite of her asking him to stop. Seth has now been accused of sexual harassment by at least six women, including model Diandra Soares, writer Ira Trivedi and journalist Mandakini Gehlot.
Soares wrote about how Seth had tried to force himself on her at a party. “I was dancing on a couch & out of nowhere Suhel Seth shoves his f*****g tongue down my mouth. I immediately bit his tongue & bit it really really hard with all my might & anger.”
You can read about the impact of the #MeToo movement in India across various sectors here.