New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld the constitution validity of the Aadhaar Act, while striking down certain provisions such as linking Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts and mobile phone connections.
Of the five judge-bench that delivered the verdict, three justices delivered separate opinions. Justice A.K. Sikri delivered the majority opinion, with Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justice A.M. Khanwilkar concurring with him.
You can read the full text of all three judgments below.
- Aadhaar Judgement: Supreme Court Upholds Validity But Says Don’t Need to Link to Bank Accounts, Mobile Phones
- After Supreme Court Verdict, What Needs to Be Linked With Aadhaar and What Doesn’t
- ‘Aadhaar Act is Unconstitutional’: The Fiery Dissent of Justice D.Y. Chandrachud
- Mandatory Aadhaar and Bank Accounts: Explaining Why It’s Not Legal
- In Rural Jharkhand, Aadhaar Link to Welfare Schemes is Excluding the Most Needy
You can follow our extensive coverage of Aadhaar here.