Bengaluru: Lockdown is not the solution for controlling COVID-19 and resource mobilisation was equally important for a government to function, Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa on Tuesday said as he ruled out extension of the week-long shutdown in the city and elsewhere.Addressing the people of the state, he stressed on maintaining social distancing and wearing masks and said experts have advised 5T strategy – trace, track, test, treat and technology – to control the coronavirus spread.“We had been successful at the beginning in controlling the COVID, but in recent days especially in Bengaluru the COVID cases have increased….I want to tell the people of the state that for the control of the virus, lockdown was not the solution. The solution is wearing masks and maintaining social distancing,” Yediyurappa said.Newly appointed commissioner of the city civic body N. Manjunatha Prasad had said the same on Sunday, amid speculations it may be continued for another fortnight in view of rising cases.Also read: COVID-19: 7 Things Bengaluru Can Do to Get on Top of Its Surging Case LoadThe government had imposed complete lockdown in Bengaluru Urban and Bengaluru Rural districts among a few others since 8 pm of July 14 till 5 am on July 22.“The chief minister has made it clear that the lockdown will not be extended for any reason, after Tuesday there will not be any lockdown. We will follow the government’s orders. There is no question of lockdown,” Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike Commissioner N. Manjunatha Prasad had told reporters.His clarification comes as speculations were rife that the lockdown may be extended for 15 days, despite Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa’s statement to the contrary.Yediyurappa had on Friday also said lockdown was not the solution for controlling COVID-19 and made it clear that there was no proposal before the government to extend it.