Trump told reporters last week that “both sides” were to blame for the violence between white supremacists and counter protesters on August 12.
A ban on travel by US passport holders to North Korea will take effect on September 1 and Americans in the country should leave before that date, the US State Department said on Wednesday.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson also said he and President Trump discuss how to use the international agreement to advance administration policies.
Trump grudgingly accepted new congressional sanctions on Russia, voted overwhelmingly by US Congress, that will punish interference in the 2016 presidential election, annexation of Crimea and other international violations.
The US Supreme Court said Trump’s blanket 90-day travel ban on six Muslim majority nations could proceed, but only for travellers with no “bona fide relationship” with an American person or entity.
Under the new procedures, consular officials can request all prior passport numbers, five years’ worth of social media handles, email addresses and phone numbers and 15 years of biographical information.
His rejection of the request suggests there are no plans this year for any high-profile Ramadan function at the state department.
According to data, citizens of the Muslim-majority countries under the bans received 40% fewer visitor visas in March than in an average month last year.
The Trump administration plans to expand the scope of a policy blocking assistance to foreign groups that perform or provide information about abortions.
In March, fewer temporary visas were issued under President Trump’s temporary travel ban which barred seven Muslim majority countries on safety grounds.
The state department replaced the post with a statement saying its intention “was to inform the public about where the president has been hosting world leaders.”
State department acting spokesman Mark Toner said in a statement that there was only one seat available on Tillerson’s plane for media.
The US State Department on Monday issued and then deleted a congratulatory message for an Oscar win by a prominent Iranian director who criticised President Donald Trump’s travel ban as “inhumane.”
The US department of homeland security halted refugee resettlement interviews in anticipation of the likely changes in refugee policies under Donald Trump.
According to John Kerry, Yemen’s Houthi group and the Saudi-led coalition agreed to a ceasefire from Thursday.
US President Obama, vice president Joe Biden and defence secretary Ash Carter highlighted the xenophobic nature of Trump’s policies and also criticised his position on US trade policy in the run up to 2016 US presidential elections.
Most of the new US advisers, who will make up the bulk of the new troops, will be Army Special Forces, as are the about 100 advisers now in Iraq.
“For the defeat of ISIL to stick in Iraq and Syria, these badly broken places destroyed by ISIL, pillaged by ISIL, mistreated by ISIL, are going to need to be rebuilt,” US Defence Secretary Carter said.