The seized oil fields lie south of Rasafa and its oil wells, which the army took last month in their first major territorial gains, inside the province.
The Syrian army said it would suspend combat operations in southern Syria until Thursday but rebels said the army had already violated the ceasefire.
Rukban refugee camp new Jordan border attacked, restaurants and markets targeted.
Sunni rebels cornered in northeastern Damascus evacuated the district Sunday following a secret evacuation deal with Syrian authorities.
ISIS-affiliated Amaq news agency said two suicide attacks were conducted by its fighters near Tanf on “positions of Syrian groups supported by US.”
The decision to not attend the talks was taken as a result of Russia’s failure to end what the opposition says are widespread violations of a Turkish-Russian brokered ceasefire last December.
Jordanian security forces said they killed four “terrorist outlaws” after flushing them out of a castle in the southern city of Karak where they had holed up after a shoot-out that killed nine people.
The Syrian army is also nearly 12 km south of the city. Damascus has said it would not allow Turkey’s allies to take the city.
The gunman was arrested at the scene. He held a degree in civil engineering and was a Muslim preacher in a mosque.
The commander, Abu Hajer al Homsi, was killed in a rural area of Aleppo province in a strike targeted at a meeting of the group’s leaders.
The Syrian army said it had repelled the attack and killed hundreds of insurgents.
The assault by the rebels is by far the biggest military campaign waged by the insurgents against the government forces in recent months.
This first such attack on the Syrian border has sparked security anxieties in the kingdom, which has suspended humanitarian aid to the area as it rethinks its refugee strategy.
Under the Constitution, an election must now be held within four months. The king hopes it will pave the way for a prime minister emerging from a parliamentary majority rather than one handpicked by the monarch.
Mohammed Alloush also said that without any of the opposition demands met, peace talks were a “waste of time”, adding that he did not expect peace talks to resume so long as the Syrian government remained intransigent and not ready to enter “serious negotiations”.
The ground operation was accompanied by a series of air strikes on militant hideouts in the area carried out by jets belonging to a US-led coalition.
The group controls the cities of Mosul in Iraq and Raqqa in Syria, and is proving a potent threat abroad, claiming credit for major attacks in Paris in November and Brussels in March.
A senior opposition figure said pressure was growing for a speedy decision to leave peace talks.