External Affairs

Two Suspects Released by UK Police in Parsons Green Probe

Two men were let off while four continue to be in custody as investigations are underway in the tube terror attack, UK's fifth this year.

British police said they have released two men arrested as part of the investigation into last week’s Tube attack in Parsons Green, London, which injured 30 people.

A 21-year-old man arrested in Hounslow on September 16th and a 48-year-old man arrested in Newport on September 20th were released by the police with no further action, the police said in a statement on late Thursday. http://bit.ly/2hnqiem

“We have four males in custody and searches are continuing at four addresses. Detectives are carrying out extensive inquiries to determine the full facts behind the attack,” the police said.

A home-made bomb went off on September 15th during the morning rush hour on a packed underground Tube train at Parsons Green station, sending flames through the carriage, although it appeared that the device did not fully explode.

It was the fifth major militant incident in Britain this year.

The ISIS militant group, which had said it was behind several attacks on western cities in recent years, including two attacks in London and one in Manchester this year, claimed responsibility for the latest attack.


Read Comments