Each week, we bring you a selection of the past week’s multimedia stories. If you want this delivered directly to your inbox every Sunday at 8 AM, click here.
1. “I Was Told I Couldn’t Leave The Room Till The Adani Article Was Pulled”
M.K. Venu, founding editor of The Wire, speaks to former Economic and Political Weekly editor Paranjoy Guha Thakurta about his meeting with directors of the Sameeksha Trust (which runs the journal) about the Adani article that led to his resignation.
2. मीडिया बोल, एपिसोड 07: इस्तीफों का सप्ताह और मीडिया
मीडिया बोल की सातवीं कड़ी में वरिष्ठ पत्रकार उर्मिलेश इंडिया टुडे समूह के सलाहकार संपादक राजदीप सरदेसाई और वरिष्ठ पत्रकार आरती जेरथ के साथ राजनीति और मीडिया क्षेत्र से जुड़े लोगों के इस्तीफा देने पर चर्चा कर रहे हैं.
3. Jan Gan Man Ki Baat, Episode 90: Nitish Kumar’s U-Turn and Defeating China With Chants
Vinod Dua talks about Nitish Kumar’s alliance with the BJP and RSS pracharak, and national executive member Indresh Kumar’s plan to defeat China.
4. Who will succeed Nawaz Sharif?
Nawaz Sharif resigned from his post as Pakistan’s prime minister after the country’s Supreme Court disqualified him over corruption claims against his family that were reported in the Panama Papers.
5. Showdown in Venezuela: An Explainer
Against a backdrop of economic and political crisis, tensions are rising in Venezuela ahead of a vote for constitutional reform on July 30.